1. Just a friendly reminder: Cyclists aren't the only people in the world intent on destroying themselves and their careers with dope.
2. Just a word of advice: if you are a roadracing cyclist and you aren't racing in the cobbled classics, or at least in some miserable rain-soaked cow crap-plagued kermesse - don't try to tell the rest of us you just had the hardest ride ever. I am positive - it wasn't.
3. It pays to be confident in your abilities. It really pays, however, to occasionally have some doubts.
4. The roadie ethos of minimalism - rolling with a flat wallet, a clif bar, a $20 and two water bottles is pretty cool in the summer. If you're serious about training in the bad weather though, consider fenders. It's nice to look hip. It's nicer to not have a Stegasaurus spine made out of ice and mud frozen up the middle of your back. Good enough for Team CSC, good enough for me.
5. Your feet getting cold on long winter rides? Try DeFeet wool socks or some other brand of wool socks made for cyclists. They seriously don't suck.
Thank you. We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.